Psychology and Community Links

We have a counselling psychologist and a psychological therapist , who provide courses of psychological therapy to our patients including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). We also have a psychological wellbeing practitioner, who provides brief psychology interventions such as guided self-help but can also link patients to additional courses or classes for help with anxiety, depression, anger management, insomnia, social isolation and stress. Stress and worry can leave you isolated, if you want to get out more, share interests or get practical help, she can advise you on what’s available with community links for residents in Camden. 


Team Around The Practice

What is Team around the Practice?

TAP is an innovative partnership between Mind in Camden and Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust.  We provide emotional and practical support to people accessing GP practices in Camden.

What’s on offer?


We offer upto 16 sessions of psychotherapy.  Over the course of the sessions you will have the opportunity to explore and make sense of the issues you may be struggling with, this could be in relation to your emotional or physical health, or your relationship to others.  We offer a range of therapy options and will work with you individually, in a group or family, whichever is best for you.

Social Prescribing

We offer up to 3 sessions of social prescribing.  In these sessions, you will be supported to identify and reach your recovery goals, and access community resources to support you to work towards these.  Social prescribing can be of particular help if you want to strengthen your social networks, or explore how you can spend your time doing things you find meaningful or rewarding.

Who is the service for?

The TAP service is particularly aimed at people who are feeling stuck, socially isolated, very low, anxious, or who are experiencing persistent pain or a sense of being overwhelmed.

The service is open for those who are aged 18 or over and are registered with a Camden GP.

How do I access the service?

The service can only be accessed through a GP.  If you are registered with a GP In Camden and would like them to refer you to TAP, please speak to them directly.